All applicants will be notified by the beginning of March 2020.
DOT.ON.THE.MAP INDUSTRY DAYS
9-11 April 2020, Cyprus
In partnership with Thessaloniki International Film Festival Agora
CALL FOR PROJECTS
The 1st edition of Dot.on.the.map Industry Days, organised by the Cyprus Film Days International Festival, the Cyprus Ministry of Education, Culture, Sport and Youth and the Rialto Theatre, will be held from 9-11 April 2020, during the 18th Cyprus Film Days International Festival (3-11 April 2020). A co-production, training and networking platform that brings producers, directors and scriptwriters from countries bordering the Mediterranean Sea, from across the three neighbouring continents of Cyprus, -Europe, Africa and Asia- together with international film professionals.
Dot.on.the.map Industry Days announces a call for projects for Dot.on.the.map Meeting point – an international co-production forum which creates a platform to offer filmmakers the opportunity to pitch their projects to the international film industry and to find the right connections to get the projects financed. It aims at a strong selection of projects, giving producers and directors the opportunity to present their ideas to a number of potential financial, development and distribution partners during the 3-day event in Cyprus.
Following group works and individual meetings, the filmmakers take steps towards future collaborations between other filmmakers, international producers, financiers, sales agents, broadcasters, distributors, festival and film fund representatives.
Dot.on.the.map Meeting point presents up to six (6) hand-picked feature-length fiction projects currently in development and financing to a selection of international professionals in a series of prearranged one-on-one meetings. Film industry professionals attending are mainly producers, distributors, representatives of festivals and funds, development experts and broadcasters, coming mainly from Central and Eastern Europe. The producers, directors and scriptwriters of the projects chosen for Dot.on.the.map Meeting point make the presentations of their projects in the form of one-to-one meetings. An international jury then determines the projects that will be presented with the awards. The awards will be presented during the closing ceremony of the festival, Saturday, 11 April 2020. AWARDS are to be announced at a later stage.
We are looking for:
• Feature-length fiction film projects from countries bordering the Mediterranean Sea, from the following eligible countries: Albania, Algeria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Cyprus, Egypt, France, Greece, Israel, Italy, Lebanon, Libya, Malta, Monaco, Montenegro, Morocco, Palestine, Slovenia, Spain, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey.
• They should be either produced or co-produced by a country within these regions or contain elements in the story that link them to these regions.
• Projects should have a producer and a director attached and have to be looking for co-producers.
• Our main focus in the selection procedure will be on projects that present a high possibility of being realised, combining this quality with artistic elements.
The call for project submissions will be open 16 Jan – 16 Feb 2020. To access the application form please click here.
General Rules and Selection Criteria
Dot.on.the.map Meeting point is open to fiction feature length projects by directors with their 1st, 2nd or 3rd films.
1. The application materials must be in English.
2. We accept all genres within FICTION only.
3. A production company or producer may submit two or more projects.
4. A project should indicate to which other workshops and markets it has been submitted or previously presented and when, or if it is a completely new project.
5. The budget of the film should not exceed two (2) million euro.
6. The projects are evaluated by at least three (3) readers.
7. The number of selected projects is up to six (6).
8. The selection is announced by the beginning of March.
Once a project has been selected, at least one representative should be present during the 3 days of Dot.on.the.map Meeting Point (9-11 April 2020). It is favourable for the project if both producer and director are present for the meetings. Dot.on.the.map Meeting Point offers one (single or double) hotel room for three (3) nights.
Finished film projects which have participated in the co-production forum should mention Dot.on.the.map Meeting Point and display the Dot.on.the.map Industry Days logo in their credits.
All submissions must be received by 16 Feb 2020.
By then we need to receive the complete application package (online and in English):
A. Dot.on.the.map Meeting point application form
Please make sure to complete the form thoroughly. Once you have completed the online form you cannot make changes. Elements from the application form will be used for catalogue information should your project be selected.
B. Materials (must be in one singular PDF file)
1. Synopsis (one (1) paragraph)
2. The treatment OR the script in English (If you do not have a script yet then send only the treatment. Please note that projects with a script have priority)
3. Biography/filmography of the producer and production company
4. Biography/filmography of the director
5. Director’s statement (regarding the story and the visual style)
6. Producer’s statement about the financial strategy
7. Budget outline
8. Financing plan
9. A list of confirmed financing for the project (if available)
10. Rights agreement between the director and the producer or a letter from the director stating that the particular producer will be representing the project
11. Previous film/s of the director (online in a secure link)