CALL FOR PROJECTS
Deadline to submit: 21 February, 2023
The 4th edition of Dot.on.the.Map Industry Days, will be held between 27 – 29 April 2023 in Limassol, Cyprus, in the framework of the 21st Cyprus Film Days International Festival (21 – 29 April 2023). Τhe CFD IF is an institutional event of the Cyprus Deputy Ministry of Culture organised by the Cultural Services in collaboration with the Rialto Theatre.
Dot.on.the.Map Meeting Point announces this year’s call for projects, which will remain open from the 23rd of January to the 21st of February 2023.
The international co-production forum Dot.on.the.Map Meeting Point is a platform for filmmakers providing them with the opportunity to pitch their projects to the international film industry and to find the right connections to get the projects co-produced, financed, developed and/or distributed.
Dot.on.the.Map Meeting Point aims at a strong selection of projects, giving producers and directors the opportunity to present their projects to potential financial, development and distribution partners during a 3-day event in Cyprus.
Dot.on.the.Map Meeting Point selects six to eight (6-8) feature-length fiction film projects currently in development and financing stage, that will be presented to a selection of international cinema professionals. Projects originate from countries bordering the Mediterranean Sea, from across the three neighbouring continents of Cyprus: Europe, Africa and Asia. Film industry professionals attending are mainly producers, financiers, sales agents, distributors, representatives of film festivals and funds, development experts and broadcasters.
The producers and directors / scriptwriters of the projects selected for Dot.on.the.Map Meeting Point will pitch their projects in a pitching session, followed by a series of one-on-one meetings with interested professionals. An international jury will determine the projects that will be presented with the awards. The awards will be presented during the closing ceremony of the festival, οn Saturday, 29 April 2023. The list of awards will be announced at a later stage.
We are looking for:
- Feature-length fiction film projects from countries bordering the Mediterranean Sea (Europe, Africa and Asia)
- The projects should be either produced or co-produced by a country within these regions or contain elements in the story that link them to these regions
- Projects should have a producer and a director attached and have to be looking for co-producers
- Our main focus in the selection procedure will be on projects that present a high possibility of being realised, combining this quality with artistic elements
The call for project submissions will remain open 23 January – 21 February 2023. For the application form please click here.
General Rules and Selection Criteria
Dot.on.the.Map Meeting Point is open to fiction feature length projects, in development and financing stage.
- The application materials must be in English.
- We accept all genres within FICTION only.
- A production company or producer may submit two or more
- A project should indicate to which other workshops and markets it has previously participated and when, or if it is a completely new project.
- The budget of the film should not exceed two (2) million euro.
- The projects are evaluated by at least three (3) readers.
- The number of selected projects is six to eight (6-8).
- The selection will be announced by mid-March 2023.
All submissions must be received by February 21st, 2023.
By then we need to receive the complete application package (online and in English):
- Dot.on.the.Map Meeting Point application form
Please make sure to complete the form thoroughly. Once you have completed the online form you cannot make any changes. Elements from the application form will be used for catalogue information should your project be selected.
- Materials (must be in one single PDF file)
- Synopsis (one (1) paragraph)
- The treatment OR the script in English (If you do not have a script yet then send only the treatment. Please note that projects with a script have priority)
- Biography/filmography of the producer and production company
- Biography/filmography of the director
- Director’s statement (regarding the story and the visual style)
- Producer’s statement about the financial strategy
- Budget outline (Ιn € Εuro)
- Financing plan (Ιn € Εuro)
- A list of confirmed financing for the project (if available)
- Rights agreement between the director and the producer or a letter from the director stating that the particular producer will be representing the project
- Previous film/s of the director (online in a secure link)
- Mood-board (if available)
Once a project has been selected, two representatives (eg. producer and director) are expected to participate in the 3-day event of Dot.on.the.Map Meeting Point in Limassol, Cyprus (27 – 29 April 2023). Dot.on.the.Map covers accreditation, travel fees of up to €300 (total sum for both participants), 3 nights accommodation, and airport transfers for both representatives of the selected project.
Completed films which have participated in the co-production forum should mention Dot.on.the.Map Meeting Point and display the Dot.on.the.Map Industry Days logo in their credits, preferrably stating the following: «[film title] has participated in the [edition number] Dot.on.the.Map Meeting Point, the co-production forum within Dot.on.the.Map Industry Days, in the framework of the [edition number] Cyprus Film Days International Festival [year]».
For questions please contact us.