Call for entries for the International Competition Section «Glocal Images»
Submission of films
The Ministry of Education and Culture and Rialto Theatre announce that the Call for Entries for the 17th Cyprus Film Days International Festival 2019, is now open. The Festival, now in its 17th edition, will host for the 9th consecutive year an international competition section entitled «Glocal Images», inviting fiction feature films from Cyprus and abroad to submit their works. The Artistic Committee of the Festival decided to incorporate a Cypriot Films Competition Section, given that they fulfill the criteria as stated in the Festival Rules and Regulations.
“Glocal Images” International Competition Section
The Festival aims not only to broaden its appeal within its own borders, but also to attract both industry and audiences from abroad by becoming a cinematic meeting point for the three continents surrounding Cyprus. The international competition section “Glocal Images” welcomes films that voice the diversity of local cultures and contribute innovative representations of subject matters that can be addressed to an international audience.
The five member International Jury -to be announced at a later stage- will award the following prizes to the films competing in the “Glocal Images” category:
– Glocal Images – Best Film Award accompanied by the amount of €6,000
– Glocal Images – Special Jury Award accompanied by the amount of €3,000
– Glocal Images Best Director Award accompanied by the amount of €1,000
Cypriot Films Competition Section
The Artistic Committee of the Festival decided that, apart from the International Competition, a Cypriot Films Competition Section will be incorporated. The participation of Cypriot feature films in the Festival is subject to Rules and Regulations, and films must fulfill the relevant criteria so as to be eligible for selection.
The International Jury will award the following prizes to the films competing in the Cypriot Films Competition Section:
– Best Cypriot Film Award: This award is accompanied by the amount of €4,000
– Best Cypriot Director Award. This award is accompanied by DCP Mastering – Deliverables – Subtitles services (€3,500 euros), sponsored by Authorwave.
– Best Actor / Actress Award: The award is accompanied by the amount of €500, and is offered by Limassol Municipality.
The selection of films in competition is undertaken by a three member Artistic Committee; Dr Costas Constantinides (Film Scholar), Tonia Mishiali (Director – Producer) and Marios Stylianou (Director – Producer). This year’s festival will take place from the 12th until 20th of April 2019, in Limassol and Nicosia, as per previous years.
Interested parties are invited to submit their films by Monday 31 December 2018.